Frank and I are joined this week by Rod and Chrystal of Life of Spaguy’s Wife. The spapeople were kind enough to host us at their cabin on Pitt Lake, British Columbia. We also shared some cocktails, as I’m sure you’ll be able to tell.
- Chit Chat: Propane could explode, what we’ze drinking (with apologies to Borderline) old, new, borrowed, blue, Frank offers to steal booze from other cabins
- Shelly & Frank’s Travelogue, Seattle edition: We love Ivar’s a LOT, navigating Seattle transit because cars are silly, Museum of Flight, cocktails at Zig Zag Cafe, Vancouver cocktail recommendations
- Happy Birthday to Me: Riding the train to Vancouver, customs questioning, Shelly tries to tell east from north, birthday dinner with Lorna, Jim, Manager John, and Charlene, brewpub line-up, Rod lies about my beer-drinking habits
- i don’t call, or use data plans in Canada
- Our wildlife encounter(tm)
- No phones, no lights, no motorcars: (shooter break), Frank moves rocks, the boys bond over maintenance, observing the ways people care for the beach and their cabins, Shelly lies in a hammock and plays Tetris, almost out of ice, delicious dinners, Frank reminisces about Kol-Draft Ice, boat ride, Frank takes a tumble, fire by the beach, Neo the dog, (shooter break), outdoor showering, kids, closing lovefest